1981 528i Must go!!! East Dallas!

masmojo

1981 528I (I think ? will double check) Not presently running although it was when it went into my driveway (6+?) years ago. dark brown color, Interior Fair (sun bleached, NOT Leather!), I think all the glass is good. Rear right was repaired at some point, but not too well![hatchet]. The rest of the body is pretty straight, a few little blips here & there! some of the rubber bits on the intake are cracking apart. The car was running, but I had some brake problems that resisted my attempts to fix them. I put new disks & reconditioned calipers from BMP up front! Rebuilt the rear calipers, did allot of work on this car, as did the previous owner. This was the car I taught my wife to drive in & when it resisted my attempts to fix it she got mad & we bought her a new car![chair] so it's been sitting since!

The four tires that meet the road have less than 100 miles on them, but they might be flat spotted from sitting so long. The spare is brand new & has 0 miles on it

I think it would not take much to get it running, but it probably would be a better parts car. Paint is shot. These were the less popular of the 5 series cars & as I recall this year had the more reliable engine, so parts are going to be extremely desireable & hard to find in just a few years!

I have 2 kids who take all my time. On top of that I got a Miata that takes what little spare time I have so this baby needs to go!![B)]

I would like to put this in the hands of a person who can really use it & keep it out of the crusher, but if nobody offers me anything I will send it to the charity place & from there it will probably get crushed!!

I can take a few pics or if you are in the Dallas area come & look!

Send me a PM if interested & please help me & my car![rolleyes]