Pitchy transmission

ebizboy

My lease expired on my 06 325xi back in September and I opted for an 08 X3 this time around. Aside from the fact the the electronics seem to be inferior on the X3 its still a nice ride. One concern I have asked the dealer about on two occasions now without a satisfactory answer is why is the transmission so pitchy? By that I mean it seems to rev too high in lower gears before it kicks up to the next gear and darts forward. I fist told them this after only 400 miles. At that time they stated that since an adaptive transmission it would take some time to adjust to my driving. I just had it in again at around 4,000 miles and they are now telling me that since my wife and I both drive it perhaps the transmission ids getting confused. Ah huh. Anyway, I left it for them to look into but they were not able to confirm the problem. Has anybody else experienced this or are my wife and I both nuts. BTW, we did not experience this with our 325xi

glboater

Same Issue on X5

I have an '08 X5 with the same issue. I just took it in and the dealer told me there was a software upgrade. They did the upgrade but not sure that I see much difference. I'll take it back in after the holidays.

My lease expired on my 06 325xi back in September and I opted for an 08 X3 this time around. Aside from the fact the the electronics seem to be inferior on the X3 its still a nice ride. One concern I have asked the dealer about on two occasions now without a satisfactory answer is why is the transmission so pitchy? By that I mean it seems to rev too high in lower gears before it kicks up to the next gear and darts forward. I fist told them this after only 400 miles. At that time they stated that since an adaptive transmission it would take some time to adjust to my driving. I just had it in again at around 4,000 miles and they are now telling me that since my wife and I both drive it perhaps the transmission ids getting confused. Ah huh. Anyway, I left it for them to look into but they were not able to confirm the problem. Has anybody else experienced this or are my wife and I both nuts. BTW, we did not experience this with our 325xi